Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Inhale the world

The hike had been long and quiet. Several hours had passed since roads, cars, daily life, and everything man created faded into footsteps long since forgotten. As the day reached its zeinath i entered the treeline again, ever curious of what lay on the other side.

As sky and light encroched into the shadow world of woods and sweet pungent decay. I break free of their vertical existance. Rocks as old as the earth stand before me, watching over the vally below as they have always done. Beconning me to become one with them and survey their realm, accepted as part of the planet for just one heartbeat in its long existance. As i stood atop the highest peak wind rushes over me.

Closing my eyes and slightly tilting my face to the sky i can feel the world breath with me. Filling my lungs as it feeds my soul, washing the clouds from my mind and leaving me fresh with the pure gift mountain winds offer.

Its going to be another good day.

R.

#160